As of October 1, 2023 residents will need to schedule in advance a pick-up for large furniture and bulky items.
Collection is for accepted large items over 1 metre wide and 1.5 metres tall, generally requiring 2 or more people to safely place at the curb.
Requests must be submitted at least 5 business days in advance.
Collection will occur on your next scheduled garbage collection day.
There is a 4-item limit per household each garbage collection day.
Please fill out the description box below listing up to four items for collection and your desired collection date and please prepare your items correctly for collection as follows:
- Unless specified below, do not break down or disassemble items; materials should be set out to the curb in one piece.
- Remove glass parts or inserts from large furniture.
- All mirrors, glass, or sharp items must be sealed separately in cardboard and labeled ‘Caution - sharps’ for collectors.
- Separate tank from bowl in two-piece toilets. Cracked or broken toilets will not be collected and should be dropped off to be recycled at an EnviroDepot.
- Remove mattresses from sofa beds and tie springs down.
- Items that are soiled or contaminated with bed bugs must be wrapped and sealed in plastic. Plastic mattress covers may be purchased from hardware stores or self-storage locations.
- Set item(s) next to your garbage set out at the curb by 7 a.m. on collection day but no earlier than 6 p.m. the night before.
- Learn more about what is considered large furniture or bulky items at london.ca/whatgoeswhere, the following items are not accepted:
- Appliances & electronics
- Renovation materials
- Vehicle parts, batteries, tires
- Mostly metal items (e.g., bikes, metal furniture, scrap, etc.)
- Loose or improperly prepared items
Items not in compliance will not be collected. Residents would be required to remove any non-compliant items from the curb, correct the issue, and reschedule collection for another collection day at least 5 business days in advance.
Medium items up to 1 metre wide and 1.5 metres tall, generally requiring one person to safely place at the curb may be set-out on your collection day and do not require booking. 2 cubic metre limit (e.g., 2 kitchen chairs or 1 medium shelf).