The City of London has standards for the collection of garbage, recycling materials and yard waste to ensure the right materials enter the proper collection stream, and to help ensure worker safety.
The checkbox below will help to determine if your yard waste was in compliance with the City’s waste by-law. Yard waste that does not comply will not be collected. If no problem can be identified, please leave it at the curb and staff will return to inspect your yard waste for removal or will advise you of why it was not collected. In most cases we are able to return within 48 hours, not including weekends.
The following is a list of requirements for yard waste to be collected. Please review the list and check the box below to confirm that the yard waste is in compliance with the by-law.
- At curb by 7am on Monday of your collection week
- Placed in acceptable containers: paper yard waste bag, reusable container, certified compostable bag
- Did not use plastic bags
- Yard waste at other homes on the same side of the street as your home has already been collected.
- Each container of yard waste did not weigh more than 20 kilogram
- Contained in bags or cans that were not larger than 125 litres and not smaller than 30 litres
- Container lids were removable and not tied/bungeed down
- Any brush (branches, twigs) was properly prepared for collection. Brush was not tied in bundles with string or rope, each bundle did not weigh more than 20 kilograms, tree limbs were not more than 10 centimetres in diameter and 1 metre in length
- Did not contain grass clippings, dirt rocks, sod, or tree stumps